NOTE: These units are custom-made, based on the model generator you have. A lead-time of 14-21 days is required from the time you place your order. Please state which model generator you have in the comments section during your checkout as there are small customizations that must be made for final manufacture. The MEP802A-MEP803A-MEP804A-MEP805A-MEP806A Auto-Remote Starter Kit is a great add-on for your MEP military diesel generator set. It will allow remote start with the flip off a switch or it can be connected to an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) for automatic starts.
The MEP802A-MEP803A-MEP804A-MEP805A-MEP806A auto-remote starter kit has the following features which can be set with the DIP switch on the board:
- DIP Switch 1: Regular Fuel / Aux Fuel
- DIP Switch 2: Warm Up Time 1 min or 5 min (This is the time delay before the Relay “Power On” is activated. This Relay switches the Control Voltage to the 3 Phase Contactor “On” and connect the LOAD to the Generator)
- DIP Switch 3: Cool Down 2 min, 6 min or 10 min (This is the time delay after the Relay “Power On” is disengaged, shutting off the Control Voltage to the 3 Phase Contactor removing the LOAD from the Generator and therefor allowing the unit to cool down)
- DIP Switch 4: Pre-Heat Time determined by ambient air temperature or fixed time (See table below)
- DIP Switch 5: Pre-Heat Time 15 sec or 45 sec [if DIP Switch 4 is set to fixed time] ( This setting is for the case that the Generator is operated in a controlled environment i.e. Building, Garage etc)
The Autostarter will automatically shut down and display a light indicator in the event of an Oil Pressure or Overheat situation, preventing the Generator Set from automatically restarting. The Autostarter can easily be reset, once the issues leading to the Low Oil Pressure or Overheat situation have been fixed.
The installation is not difficult for the do-it-yourself-er. GMG can also install the basic kit if you purchase your generator from GMG.
The MEP802A-MEP803A-MEP804A-MEP805A-MEP806A Autostarter KIT includes:
- MEP802A-MEP803A-MEP804A-MEP805A-MEP806A Autostarter Circuit Board
- MIL-I-46058C Conformal Coating
- Drill / Mounting Templates
- Detailed Installation Manual
- 24 feet 16ga standard multi stranded SXL wire, strong resistance to moisture, solvents and prolonged high heat – Thick wall special purpose automotive wire is insulated with chemically cross-linked polyethylene. Withstands prolonged temperatures of up to 257°F
- Mounting Hardware [Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Machine Screws #6-32×0.75″, Stainless Steel #6-32 Nuts as Spacers, Stainless Steel #6-32 K-Lock Nut’s]
- Crimp On Fork and Ring Lugs
- Wiring Diagram
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
Photos of MEP802A Installation are courtesy of Mr. Steve Marquess, Maryland.
You can find support information here: https://greenmountaingenerators.com/2017/08/15/helpful-manuals-information-videos-help-install-gmg-mep-auto-remote-start-kits/