NOTE: These units are custom-made, based on the model generator you have. A lead-time of 14-21 days is required from the time you place your order. Please state which model generator you have in the comments section during your checkout as there are small customizations that must be made for final manufacture. In addition, please include the answers to the following questions in your order notes:
- Does your generator have a Color (Version 2 or 3) or Monochrome (Version 1) Display?
- If Color Display, when does your Genset excite the system?
- a) Version 2: Happens automatically during start / cranking.
- b) Version 3: has to be manually excited after Generator started successfully by moving the Start/Stop/Run Switch from Run back to Start for 2 to 4 seconds.
- Our Auto / Remote Start Kits have been available since the end of 2013.
- We cover all MEP makes and models.
- Highly Reliable Systems in operation with Military, Fire and Police Departments who depend on 100% reliable operations and up time.
- Self Contained Unit which prevents restart in case of generator error / failure to prevent further damage by restart attempts.
- Wide Operating Range: -55C to 80C / 100% Humidity.
- Highest Quality Components.
- Unsurpassed in reliability, quality and ruggedness.
- Meets and exceeds MIL-STD.
- Each Kit is custom assembled, programmed and conformal coated when purchased to increase shelf life.
- Our PCB’s are gold plated and made in the USA in Illinois.
- If you want the best, then this is your system.
The MEP805B-MEP806B Auto-Remote Starter Kit Auto-Remote Starter Kit is a great add-on for your MEP military diesel generator set. It will allow remote start with the flip off a switch or it can be connected to an Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) for automatic starts. The MEP805B-MEP806B Auto-Remote Starter Kit auto-remote starter kit has the following features which can be set with the DIP switch on the board:
- DIP Switch 1: Regular Fuel / Aux Fuel
- DIP Switch 2: Warm Up Time 1 min or 5 min
- DIP Switch 3: Cool Down 4 min, 12 min or 30 min
- DIP Switch 4: Not Used
- DIP Switch 5: Not used
The 805B/806B Software affects/changes the following functions / Terminal Nomenclature:
1. Dip Switch Functions, Settings and Timing
2. Different Connections between the Board and the Cubicle
3. No external Contactor needed [utilizing internal K1 Contactor] 4. No Pre Heat – No Ether Injection
5. Fault Reset for 3 seconds
6. No ambient temperature dependent timing
7. Oil Pressure Input is connected to Relay K15 Terminal B and will stop Cranking the Engine when this Input goes low.
Maximum Crank Time is 15 seconds – if engine RPM Sensor does not detect a running engine within 15seconds then the
unit will go into fault mode indicated by a blinking LED AUX Fuel. Reset by pulling the DC Breaker on your Genset for
about 5 seconds.
The installation is not very difficult for the do it your selfer.
The MEP 805B / 806B Autostarter KIT includes:
1. MEP 805B / 806B Autostarter Circuit Board
2. MIL-I-46058C Conformal Coating
3. Drill / Mounting Templates
4. Detailed Installation Manual
5. 24 feet 16ga standard multi stranded SXL wire, strong resistance to moisture, solvents and prolonged high heat –
Thick wall special purpose automotive wire is insulated with chemically cross-linked polyethylene. Withstands prolonged temperatures of up to 257°F
6. Mounting Hardware [Stainless Steel Phillips Pan Head Machine Screws #6-32×0.75″, Stainless Steel #6-32 Nuts as Spacers, Stainless Steel #6-32 K-Lock Nut’s] 7. Crimp On Fork and Ring Lugs
8. Wiring Diagram
9. A 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
10. 1 Year Limited Warranty
Photos of MEP802A Installation are courtesy of Mr. Steve Marquess, Maryland.