Differences Between MEP002A And MEP003A
Parts Commonality For: 5KW, 60HZ (MEP-002A); 10KW, 60HZ (MEP-003A); 10KW, 400HZ (MEP-1 12A)
- Starter Same on all sets
- Air Cleaner Assembly Same on all sets
- Air Cleaner Element Same on all sets
- Battery 5kW (2HN same as 5 and 10kW GED Sets); 10kW (6TN same as 15 thru 200KW DED Sets)
- Fuel Tanks Same on both 10kW Sets, smaller tank on 5kW units
- Fuel Level Float Switch Same on all sets
- Fuel Pickup Assembly Same on all sets
- Fuel Gage Same on all sets
- Control Box Assembly Same on all sets except Frequency Meters and Converters
- Voltage Regulator Same on all sets
- Load Terminal Assembly Same on all sets
- Current Transformer Same on all sets
- Current/Voltage Transformer Same on 5 and 10kW, 60Hz Sets
- Rheostat Same on 5 and 10kW, 60Hz Sets
- Circuit Breaker Assembly Same on 5 and 10kW, 60HZ Sets
- Reconnection Switch Same on all sets
- Exciter Bridge Rectifier Assembly Same on 5 and 10OkW, 60HZ Sets
- Auxiliary Fuel Line Same on all sets
- Fuel Filter Assembly Same on all sets
- Fuel Transfer Pump Assembly Same on all sets
- Generator End Bell Assembly Same on 5 and 10kW, 60Hz Sets
- Generator Fan Same on all sets
- Exciter Rotor Assembly Different for 5kW and 10kW
- Exhaust Muffler Same on all sets but 5kW has one (1), 10kW Sets have two (2)
- Engine Flywheel Same on all sets
- Engine Generator Adaptor Same on all sets
- Manifold Heater Same on all sets
- Battery Charging Same on all sets
- Regulator/Rectifier Same on all sets
- Battery Charging Alternator Stator Same on all sets
- Battery Charging Alternator Rotor Same on all sets
- Blower Wheel Assembly Same on 5 and 10kW, 60Hz Sets
- Governor Linkage Assembly Same on all sets
- Governor Control Assembly Same on all sets
- Governor Control Cable Same on all sets
- Starter Lockout Switch Same on all sets
- Fuel Stop Solenoid Same on all sets
- Oil Filter Assembly Same on all sets
- Oil Filter Adapter Assembly Same on all sets
- Oil Pressure Switch Same on all sets
- Oil Pump, Engine Same on all sets
- Gear Case Assembly Same on all sets
- Piston and Connecting Rod Assembly Same on all sets
- High Temperature, Temperature Switch Same on all sets
- Control Box Support Same on all sets
- Slave Receptacle Assembly Same on all sets
15 thoughts on “Differences Between MEP002A And MEP003A”
Yes. You need a 24v source to start the generator. You should never disconnect the batteries while the unit is running. 24v is needed for multiple functions and you must have 24v power.
will running my MEP003 with, th battery disconnected damage anything? ie cause no power output, what. would you check for this condition (no power) already bypassed the board, flashed the field with an electric drill?
Hello. We sent invoice to you. Please confirm part number.
buongiorno, sono in cerca degli ingranaggi per la pompa dell’olio della MEP002A, a chi mi posso rivolgere? ho inoltrato una email con foto ma non ho ricevuto risposta. scrivo dall’italia.
Sorry, we do not speak German here. I believe you have a question about the Ambac M50 pump. We have free manuals for the Ambac M50 pump used on the MEP002A and MEP003A here.
Hallo ,können sie mir eine Antwort geben , das ich die Pumpe und den Plunger bei ihnen
bestellen kann .
Thanks. I will ck the the check valve on fuel lines. I noticed also the fuel solenoid was not moving up when switch turned on. I will pull out injectors and inspect.
For starting issues: Air, fuel, and compression are the big 3. Assuming air filter and line are clean (no mice! in hoses!), fuel is usually the big culprit. The electric pumps are relatively low pressure and are just transfer pumps to the injector pump. Key things to check: check valve just after all 3 filters should be check to make sure fuel stays relatively pressurized between the 3 filters and the injection pump. If not, there could always be a lack of pressure going to injection pump. Next check each injector line and crack line before each injector to make sure each injector is receiving fuel. It should spit regularly. Do for each injector. If one injector is not receiving fuel, then you would be firing on only 1 cylinder. Possible. If fuel is getting to both injectors, then your pump is most likely good (although it could be timed poorly). You could have a bad injector as well. If fuel is getting to injectors, then injector or timing could be bad. But when you can start unit, I assume you increase throttle and nothing happens? If so, you could be firing on one cylinder. Good non-leaking fuel filters are key, but a drippy filter would not account for terrible or impossible starting in my opinion. I assume you blew out all fuel lines as well, which is KEY as in the low pressure lines, it doesn’t take too much to restrict flow (e.g. a spider nest).
MEP 002a engine starts some time. When engine starts cannot bring to full throttle. The fuel filters do leak. Just ordered some gaskets from you guys. Do you think this will solve the starting problem once all gaskets are sealed properly. Seems to loose prime.
Once engine is started, is it crucial to have engine run @ 1800 rpm. Or will it damage my genset or voltage regulator. Need help on this one. When I was able to get the engine running the convient outlet did light a lamp. Now no power. Hope I did not damage unit. I’ve read some blogs where engine must be @ 1800 within 30 seconds.
Comment on this please.
There are too many generators to go through all of them. Out of the ones GMG focuses on, the MEP002A and MEP003A both run at 1800rpm (60Hz frequency). The Yanmar-based MEP531A and MEP016D both run at 3600rpm (60 Hz frequency). Hope this helps! GMG
Which MEP models run at 1800 RPM? Tks….
Yes, we have a voltage regulator for a MEP002A: https://greenmountaingenerators.com/product/mep002a-mep003a-voltage-regulator-panel-nsn-6115010379650/
I’m looking for an voltage regulator for MEP002A Didi you have in sotck and what are the price fob to PR?
I like to order some parts for the generator
1) throttle solenoid, start switch control,bendix for starter
one set fuel filters en one set oil filter
service manual book & partlist
to be shipped airfreight to
Erich A Perigault Monte
tel 5999 5605837
parts for Generator set MEP-003A
I have been able to purchase an MEP-003A
I like to purchase some parts filters and other most essential things to have on hand
to keep this engine running
can you have a contact person by email or tel number
please reply to my email address