We get this question a lot. There are many good products on the market and regional availability is an issue. You want to choose an additive that is in good supply in your area (your country). We recommend using Power Service products in general and recommend using their Diesel Fuel Supplement + Cetane Boost product. This product has a number of good year-round features includiPrevents fuel gelling in temperatures as low as – 40°F.
- Prevents fuel gelling in temperatures as low as – 40°F.
- Equals performance of a 50/50 blend of No. 2 and No. 1 diesel fuels
- Lowers Cold-Filter Plugging Point (CFPP) as much as 36°F. – keeps fuel-filters from plugging with wax
- Boosts cetane up to 4 numbers for faster cold starts
- Contains Slickdiesel® Lubricator for maximum fuel lubrication — protects pumps and injectors from accelerated wear
- Contains anti-icing additive — protects against fuel-filter icing
- Contains wax anti-settling dispersants — protects against fuel-filter plugging at temperatures below the fuel cloud point
- Disperses water in diesel fuel
- Effective in all diesel fuels, including Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) and bio-diesel blends containing up to 20% bio-diesel (B20)
This helps turn warm weather diesel into cold weather diesel. This is good if you don’t use your unit much and want to ensure year-round readiness of your fuel.