MEP-002a Low Frequency

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      terrell.bach
      Participant

My 002a frequency gage runs at full throttle at no more than 56hz. When i adjust the throttle down, the hz will decrease but I won’t go above 56hz with throttle increased to max. The gen set does seem to run slower (less rpm) then prior to this issue. when i push the governor linkage up to increase the rpm the frequency gage does increase as well

Additionally, i plugged in a palm sander in the convenience outlet and then compared it to plugging in the house AC. It seems to run a bit faster on the house AC.

Is this a governor issue? Can I adjust the governor to increase the hz? Thx!

GMG
      Keymaster

You need to ensure you are using an external meter and not the on-board meters to ensure that you are reading correctly. If there is more slack in the throttle cable, you may need to adjust the cable itself. Lubricate the linkage well and check the entire throttle cable assembly. These cables can break or become frayed.

terrell.bach
      Participant

Thanks. I’ve ordered a kill a watt meter to verify. I’ll check the cable however it appears to move in and out. I do know that when its running and i push up on the governor linkage that I can increase the speed to make 60hz.

terrell.bach
      Participant

How do you ADJUST the throttle cable?

terrell.bach
      Participant

Received my killawatt meter and tested. Issue appears to be both the hz and volt gauges…they’re not accurate. was able to dial in correct hz and voltage and genset runs good. thx for your help!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.