MEP-805A overspeed and undervoltage faults (troubleshooting)

Battle-Tested Diesel Generators and Parts Forums Military Generator Troubleshooting MEP-805A overspeed and undervoltage faults (troubleshooting)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      chris-1163

I’m considering purchasing a MEP-805A. Owner claims that is “runs good” but overspeed and undervoltage faults occur. He replaced a broken starter recently. I’m trying to assess the cost of troubleshooting and repairing for these fault conditions.

GMG
      Keymaster

A series cheaper than B series to own and operate as they have less electronics, but we can’t really estimate what is wrong or what it will cost. I think you need to assess whether $1,000 worth of parts and labor would kill the deal or not.

chris-1163

I appreciate the prompt reply. I’ll take that into account in my negotiations on price.

chris-1163

I now own this generator. I downloaded the TM. Prior owner had begun working through the tasks on WP 0051. System starts up easily, but shows under voltage light. I’m going to start working through the TM from the start, but would welcome any pointers on how to troubleshoot operation.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.