MEP016B MEP701 not d/c charging the battery

Battle-Tested Diesel Generators and Parts Forums Military Generator Troubleshooting MEP016B MEP701 not d/c charging the battery

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      johndowboy
      Participant

my volt meter says the dc charging voltage regulator is working but my generator is still running off the battery. What else should i be checking?

GMG
      Keymaster

Are you saying your batteries are NOT being charged, but the battery volt meter is reading “green?” Did you confirm that meter is working properly with an independent tool? The unit always uses the battery for power, but they should be charging when the generator is in use. Perhaps you need a new meter and/or voltage regulator. But if the battery voltage meter is working, then check connection to the batteries from the voltage regulator.

johndowboy
      Participant

I am taking battery readings from the battery while it is running and only getting 24.3v. I replaced the the voltage regulator and still only getting 24.3v at the battery. They are brand new batteries and voltage regulator. does it make a difference that I am using 2 12v batteries in series versus one big military 24v battery? what should my reading be in the box at the dc voltage regulator? Also where is the charge coming from that powers the dc voltage regulator? could that part be the defective part like anothe set of winding or stator?

johndowboy
      Participant

if the voltage regulator is good but battery still is not charging what would be the next to check ?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.