Note that GMG does NOT refurbish trailers. We do not refurbish electrical and hydraulic braking systems. The trailers are in good as-is condition, with good tires. There may be spot-rust on the deck and other locations. This unit only has 1 rib (not the 4 that would make it complete). Note pictures are representative of the actual trailer, but are not of the actual trailer.
The use of the M116 chassis as the basis of specialized trailers is widespread in the U.S. military. As examples, here are some specific cases:
- The Equipment Trailer Group (ETG) and the Antenna Transceiver Group (ATG) for the AN/TPQ-36 weapons-locating radar are based on M116A3 trailers while the Trailer Mounted Auxiliary Generator for the same radar utilizes the M116A2.
- Mobile Electric Power (MEP) generator sets in the most popular sizes are commonly towed on M116 series trailers. The HMMWV typically is the prime mover for these trailers while carrying additional equipment. With the maximum load rating of the M116 at one ton, HMMWV-towable power is limited to a maximum of 10 kW of power, usually either two 3 kW generators or one 10 kW generator.
- The Tool Outfit, Pioneer, Portable Electric Tools, Trailer Mounted (NSN 5180-00-289-9569 or 5180-00-914-2572) is housed in a rounded-top tool enclosure mounted on an M116A2 trailer.
M116 trailers are equipped with a chassis wiring harness that terminates at a covered junction box on the roadside drawbar. The intervehicular cable is fixed to the trailer. The trailers are equipped with a two-light composite stoplight-taillight configuration that may have standard lamps or LEDs. The trailers have both handbrakes and an inertia-actuated hydraulic brake system.
M-116 Trailer, Cargo, 3/4 ton Specifications
- Length, overall: 147 in. (373.38 cm)
- Width, overall: 71.3 in. (181.1 cm)
- Width, track: 71.3 in. (181.1 cm)
- Height, chassis: 30 in. (76.2 cm)
- Weight, empty: 780 lb (354.12 kg)
- Weight, maximum: 3160 lb (1434.64 kg)
- Dimension between wheel wells: 45.5″