This adapter kit allows the quick conversion of open element and canister type oil filters common on the MEP002A and MEP003A and many Onan generators to use readily available spin-on elements. This kit includes everything needed to make the conversion except the filters themselves, Loctite and the few tools necessary for the job.
- Remove original oil filter canister assembly.
- Remove original canister-to-engine block seal and clean seal groove.
- Clean center threaded hole with solvent or spray degreaser.
- Lightly lubricate with oil and install the provided new seal into the groove on the engine block.
- Install the adapter plate with the specifications text side facing OUT. Orient the flow-through holes with one at the top and one at the bottom (12 & 6 o’clock).
- Apply Blue Loctite to the flat end threads and screw in the provided oil filter center threaded fitting with the tapered end facing OUT.
- Tighten the center threaded fitting to 30 Ft/Lbs.
- Lubricate the new oil filter (not included) seal with oil and screw on hand-tight.
- Start engine and check for leaks.