NOTE: All of our generators come with a 90 day / 100 hour parts warranty (whichever comes first).
NOTE: All generators ship by freight and require a custom quote. Please use our GMG contact form to inquire.
Please note this is a generic picture and no trailer is included. This is an excellent generator with a bomb-proof 2-cylinder Onan air-cooled engine. Hours may vary, but all units have been fully load-banked using a state of the art load-bank (not just plugged in heaters!).
- Continuous Power Rating: 5 Kilowatt (kW), 60hz at 80% power factor below 5,000 feet above sea level. (The US Military underrates their units by at least 25%.)
- Current Type: Alternating Current (AC)
- Line to Line Voltage (Volts): 120 and 240 volts
- Amp Output: 41.6 amps (assumes 120 volt output and 5,000 watt rating. The US Military underrates their units by at least 25%. If you assume 6,250 watts and 120 volt output, you arrive at 52 amps.
- Voltage: 120V (single phase, 2 wire), 120/240V (single phase, 3 wire), 120/208V (3-phase, 4 wire)
- Phases: Single AND Three on-the-fly
- Fuel Type: Diesel (Bio-diesel retrofits are possible assuming 1) the bio-diesel is preheated properly and 2) the bio-diesel is of high quality and purity)
- # of Cylinders: 2
- RPM: 1,800 (Note that most consumer units run hot and fast at 3,600 RPMs are not capable of continuous use.)
- Engine Manufacturer: Onan (now Cummins Onan – a world leader in diesel engine technology)
- Engine Type: Four Cycle
- Displacement: 70 cubic inches (1147 cc.)
- Compression Ratio: 19:1
- Horsepower: 8.9 @ 1800 RPM (0-5000 ft above sea level)
- Governor: Internal flyball; external adjustment
- Cooling Method: Air-Cooled (i.e. not liquid-cooled; no water pump, radiator or coolant needed which radically reduces maintenance costs)
- Excitor Type: Self-Excited
- Body Material: Steel
- Radio Interference Suppression: Included/Yes (just in case!)
- Fuel Filters: Tank fuel strainer for large particulates; followed by in-line strainer; followed by dual in-line redundant fuel filters (easily replaced with Napa parts)
- Fuel Pumps: Three redundant electric fuel pumps (one is for auxiliary fuel source such as a 55 gallon drum); one master mechanical injector pump.
- Air Filter: Large and easily replaceable air filter with cold-weather intake diverter. You can switch from normal air filtration to the cold-weather setting that will suck air in over the exhaust manifold to pre-heat the air. This is an excellent cold weather feature.
- Cold Weather Kit: Includes: air intake pre-heat, glow plugs, 24 volt cold weather starting system. You will not find more durable cold-weather features in any unit on the market.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 6.75 gallons (25.5 liters)
- Lubricating Oil Capacity (Less Filter): 3 quarts, 4 quarts if filter is changed (2.8 liters, 3.7 liters if filter is changed)
- Ventilation requirements (Total): 1350 CFM at 1800 RPM
- Batteries: Batteries (two) are NOT included due to shipping costs and hazmat fees. Standard batteries can be purchased at any quality auto parts store. All battery cables ARE included with unit.
- MEP002A Dimensions (Without ASK):
- overall length 51 in. (129.5 cm.)
- overall width 32in. (81.3 cm)
- overall height 37in. (94 cm.)
- net weight empty 960 1bs. (435.5 kg.)
- net weight filled 1040 1bs. (471.7 kg.)
- cubage 35 cubic feet
- MEP002A Dimensions (With ASK Installed):
- overall length 58 in. (147.4 cm.)
- overall width 36 in. (91.3 cm)
- overall height 39 in. (99 cm.)
- net weight empty 1084 lbs. (492.2 kg.)
- net weight filled 1164 lbs. (528.5 kg.)
- cubage 46 cubic feet
There are no reviews yet.