This product is an aftermarket upgrade base for all 3 fuel treatment housings for your MEP002A or MEP003A. This is for one unit of this base. To convert all three filters, you will need three of these. This is the base that will accept a water separator spin-on element or a fuel filter spin-on element. NOTE: You will also need the following in order to install this upgrade:
- Adapter fittings for the input and output fuel lines. These can be purchased at your local auto parts supplier.
- You will need to drill new mounting holes or create an adapter plate to mount the new spin-on base.
- You will need to purchase 2 spin-on fuel filter elements and 1 spin-on fuel filter water separator.
This base will accept 1-14 threaded filter elements. This base has Dual Inlet/Outlet ports with Female 1/2 NPT threads.
Here is some background on the original fuel strainer/water separator element on the MEP002A or MEP003A which is no longer manufactured:
- 1752002-01. The original strainer was manufactured by Purolator Facet.
- FRAM C1824
- FRAM 35070 is another option
- Onan 149-1469
- NSN: 2910-00-374-6020 for original strainer/water separator element