This product is an aftermarket upgrade base for all 3 fuel treatment housings for your MEP002A or MEP003A. This is the base that will accept a water separator spin-on element or a fuel filter spin-on element. NOTE: You will also need the following in order to install this upgrade:
- Adapter fittings for the input and output fuel lines. These can be purchased at your local auto parts supplier.
- You will need to drill new mounting holes or create an adapter plate to mount the new spin-on base.
- You will need to purchase 2 spin-on fuel filter elements and 1 spin-on fuel filter water separator.
This base will accept 1-14 threaded filter elements. This base has Dual Inlet/Outlet ports with Female 1/2 NPT threads.
Here is some background on the original fuel strainer/water separator element on the MEP002A or MEP003A which is no longer manufactured:
- 1752002-01. The original strainer was manufactured by Purolator Facet.
- FRAM C1824
- FRAM 35070 is another option
- Onan 149-1469
- NSN: 2910-00-374-6020 for original strainer/water separator element